Thursday, January 14, 2016

New Year New Blog New Hope

"Did I Say Thousand Island?" is STILL growing!!! 9 years old next week! How wonderful. We added yet another country today, so the count is up to 207! I have 13 to go and we tie the most countries/territories in the world to have seen any torrent offered on Mininova--one of the foremost torrent sites in the world!  

My Remake 4 Water website has been around for almost 4 years now and although I am not getting calls from anyone with power to make the movie again, I know that my effort has helped some people to think about water... water... water.....

It's very important to me and hopefully it's important to you. But I have come to realize a basic fact of life... again: "You can't expect people to feel the same way you do about anything. Period."  We all do that in some ways-- small and large: until we learn not to.

So... I decided that this movie still has to be remade-- just for the fun of it AND because it's growing so incredibly fast these days!! Yahoo! I looked the other day and there were 900!!! downloads that day. Now, I have already had the thrill of seeing that thousands of people have downloaded it before, but that was on a different site and somehow, seeing the one from Switzerland just makes my very happy!

If you have read anything from me before, you know that I am an x-waitress, now truck driver, always have some creative project going and usually having fun! But always caring about water. That will never change. ;-)

Am I sad about the change for the website? No. I am actually very excited. I was too burdened by hope and expectations, and now I'm free. I will use anything I get out of the movie for water, but that's all I can do. I was able to send a check (from my book sales) to have a well built in Cambodia and for that I am very very grateful! A dream come true.

Because the original intent for Did I Say Thousand Island?  was to get a message out to the general non-restaurant-working public to show how most of us live our wonderfully flexible and fun restaurant lives, well....SUCCESS! Even The Oprah Winfrey Show hasn't been seen in as many countries as my wee no budget movie. AND all without any advertising, just word of mouth.

So I have faith that some day the right people will find this movie-- that has a huge niche market; see the possibilities and just remake the movie. No other reason. I will follow my path. You follow yours. It's all good.

What's the new site? Remake 4 Love. Corney enough? I thought so... why not?  Love of what? Restaurants. People. Movies. Fun. Popcorn. Money. Whatever you want. I just can't give up on this idea, which by the way was never MY idea. Anyone who has known me for any amount of time never ever ever heard me say: "I want to make a movie." NO WAY. Why on earth would I ever want to do that??? But God put the idea into my head, I finally said yes, and 9 years later.....

So in the meantime, watch the movie. Enjoy the story. Don't dwell on its faults: I was one person for crying out loud! ;-) Think about it being done by those who have the knowledge, money and people to remake it, and tell your friends. Go ahead... make my day! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment